Friday, January 27, 2012

Vest

Look! Another successful knitting project. This one only took me two days to knit. It has a nice, rustic look to it, but unfortunately I don't have anything at all to wear with it, so it has to languish away in the closet for now.The girl modeling the vest in Classic Knits is wearing a cap-sleeved, flowery blouse on underneath, so that may be the route to go. I'm pretty crappy when it comes to outfit planning and accessorizing. 

Knitterly Specs:
Project: Tank Top from Erika Knight's Classic Knits
Yarn: Knit Picks Cadena
Needle: 15

The Cadena yarn is a bulky yarn, whereas the pattern calls for super bulky. Otherwise, I didn't make any changes or alterations. 

My latest project is ... another vest! This one is in a DK yarn with a much smaller gauge. I'm using Schulana Sierra yarn, which has been taunting me from my stash ever since I bought it five months ago.
My only concern is that this will be way too bright and colorful a vest for me to wear out in public. Hopefully that's not the case.

2 comments: