Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recipe Alert!

My mom is really excited about this blog. She's been telling all kinds of folks to check it out, which is great. The only problem is, she wants me to start posting recipes. Every time I speak to her on the phone, she mentions the lack of recipes on the blog.

So here is my veganized/slightly altered version of the pear muffin recipe I found on the internet. I apologize for not giving credit where it is due, I can't remember what website it was on! I have pictures of the pear muffins in an earlier post (scroll down!). As soon as I make a new batch and take more pictures, I will add them here.

Pear Muffins

Makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup turbinado sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 cup rice milk or unflavored soy milk
1 egg replacement equaling 1 large egg (I use EnerG)
2 tablespoon canola oil
1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored, and choppped

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin cups.

Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices) in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, combine milk, egg replacement, and canola oil. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are combined and moist. Fold in chopped pear. Spoon batter into muffin cups, about 2/3rds full. Bake for 20 minutes.

These muffins freeze very well. I wrap each muffin in tin foil and then put them in freezer bags. Wait until muffins have completely cooled before freezing, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment