Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mini-Post #2

For dinner tonight, I made Falafel Burgers from The Vegan Table. I was supposed to make a cucumber dipping sauce for the falafels, but couldn't find a container of plain soy yogurt at Giant Eagle, and was too lazy to backtrack to either Whole Foods or the Co-op. So instead we dipped the falafels into Trader Joe's cilantro and jalapeno hummus.
J used the cucumber to make a light summer salad. Mmmm. Cucumbers sprinkled with salt is pretty divine.


The falafels were really good. Next time, I'll use a little less bread crumbs, as my patties ended up a bit dry and crumbly, and rather difficult to flip with the spatula.

The Vegan Table: 200 Unforgettable Recipes for Entertaining Every Guest at Every OccasionThe Vegan Table, by the way, is a beautiful cookbook. It is reminiscent of something Martha Stewart might put together, if she was a vegan. There are very lovely pictures of almost every recipe (I'm a big advocate of pictures in cookbooks, the more the better), and tasteful menu plans. I think everything looks great, so expect to see at least two more offerings from The Vegan Table this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment