Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cluckphrey's Kind of Chicken

So there it is. The Cluckphrey non-chicken patty I blogged about in an earlier post. I realize now why I found this so alluring in the grocery store. The name is very reminiscent of Mr. Cluck's, the fast food chain Hurley owns in the television show Lost.

I pan-cooked the patty with a tiny amount of olive oil and topped with red leaf lettuce and hot sauce. The patty was very plain. I found myself adding more and more hot sauce to compensate for the non-taste of the patty. I will eat the other three patties, but am not planning to buy Cluckphrey's non-chicken again. Not when there are so many better chicken substitutes out in the world!

Luckily, I also sauteed an eggplant, a handful of snap peas, bell pepper, and a small amount of fresh ginger. I used liberal amounts of Trader Joe's black pepper sauce and Turkish seasoning, because the combination is very tasty.

I also made a small amount of quinoa with pine nuts and basil. Quinoa is my new whole grain of choice. If you haven't tried it yet, you must. It's nutty and wonderful, and has extremely healthful qualities. It's also extremely easy to cook.

A picture of the finished side dish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment