Friday, April 23, 2010

Out-of-Town Visitors=Dessert?

Why am I making this face? Because I forgot to take a picture of my meal at The Double Wide Grill, yet again! Grr.

It was good, believe me. Seitan BBQ on toasted whole wheat bread with french fries. I am a big fan of the DW Grill barbeque sauce. And my brother tried a piece of seitan and pronounced it "meat-like."

And yes, the DW Grill is apparently the place to take visiting relatives. This week my mom and brother are in town. It's a nice, low-key restaurant for both vegans and omnivores to get some good grub. Also, I like the gasoline can, deconstructed-car atmosphere.

I think dessert is a great way to introduce other people to vegan food. That's why I decided to whip up a batch of these:

Peanut butter cups from The Kind Diet! These are great. Probably not very calorie-conscious, but you can't go wrong with a peanut butter graham cracker crust.


No comments:

Post a Comment