Thursday, April 29, 2010

Portobello Mushroom Burger

So last weekend I had a chance to go to Ikea with my brother and mom. I've been looking longingly at grill pans for a while now, so I finally decided to get one. I'm so glad I did! Tonight I grilled portobello mushrooms. I used my Misto and sprayed olive oil lightly on both sides of the mushrooms, and sprinkled a bit of sea salt on it. I was a little worried about undercooking them, but they ended up being very tender and delicious. Next time I might get fancy and whip up a marinade!

I topped my burger with minced hot peppers and A1 sauce.


I roasted asparagus, cauliflower, and garlic to go along with the burgers. I also tossed together a nice big lettuce/tomato/olive salad, which we eat almost every night. I just don't think it's exciting enough to photograph.

Earlier this week I also made a batch of Barley Casserole, one of my favorite recipes from The Kind Diet. Tahini dressing is drizzled between layers of hulled barley, carrots, onions and celery. It isn't the prettiest food ever, but it's quite good.

It's really amazing. There's a myth about vegan diets being plain and lackluster. I've found this to be completely untrue. Being a vegan means eating better than I've ever eaten in my life. I can't wait for more delicious food tomorrow!

2 comments: