Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Night

I confess: I hate thinking about titles for these blog posts. I have a similiar problem with my poems and short stories. I always try to think up clever titles, but usually end up (after a lot of hemming and hawing) with simple ones instead.



Tonight we had some of the Two-Barley Mushroom Soup I made in the slow cooker over the weekend. This is a recipe from Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. Being a big mushroom fan, I jumped at the chance to make this. It has both white button and porcini mushrooms in it, as well as pearl barley. I doctored it up a little with two teaspoons of paprika.



Very filling. I'm glad I added the paprika, it gave it a bit of an extra kick.



I also sauteed up a bit of zucchini, baby bella mushrooms, green and sweet peppers, and ginger with Trader Joe's black pepper sauce and Turkish spices. Yep, more mushrooms. I wasn't kidding about being a mushroom fiend!

2 comments:

  1. My previous comment has disappeared! What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I looked for it, and it wasn't there!

    ReplyDelete