Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pasta

We always eat well on the weekends, and today was no exception. Lunch was at the Double Wide Grill, a hamburger/ribs restaurant in a converted gas station that also caters to vegetarians and vegans. I had a little trouble deciding what to order (they have a seitan wings appetizer that sounds really good), but finally chose the portobello mushroom burger with a side of french fries. Sorry, no picture, I forgot the camera! It was delicious though. We will definitely be going back.

Dinner was Rustic Pasta, a recipe from my favorite cookbook, The Kind Diet.




Pasta noodles tossed with cabbage, celery, onion, garlic, shoyu and a small amount of marinara sauce. Very easy to make, very tasty, and there are lots of leftovers.


I've been steadily working my way through all the recipes in The Kind Diet. Here's what I've tried so far:


* Sweet Potato-Lentil Stew (I've made this twice already)
* Barley Casserole (made this one twice as well)
* Creamy Sweet Kabocha Squash Soup
* Eggplant Chana Masala (will make this again)
* Moroccan Couscous with Saffron
* Cheesy, Oozy Guacamole Bean Dip (my new comfort food!)
* Quinoa with Basil and Pine Nuts (another new favorite)
* Radish Umeboshi Pickles (great homemade pickles)
* Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (the best dessert ever)

Needless to say, I encourage everyone to buy this cookbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment