Friday, April 16, 2010

What I Get to Eat for Lunch!




Leftover borscht! I made this from a recipe I found on the website seriouseats.com. I omitted the sour cream, but I suppose if you want you could add vegan sour cream.

Back when we lived in New York, my husband and I used to frequent Veselka for their amazing borscht. I always assumed borscht was beyond my cooking abilities. But this is the second time I've made this recipe (because we love it that much!), and it's almost ridiculously easy. The trick is having a food processor. It would be a real pain in the butt to cut beets into matchstick pieces by hand.

Seriously, this borscht is good. It is just as scrumptious as Veselka's. Yum!



Rounding out my lunch time extravaganza celebration (what am I celebrating? A random vacation day, yay!) is a piece of homemade pizza. Asparagus, sweet yellow peppers, mushrooms, kalamata olives, onions, tomatoes, and Follow Your Heart vegan Monterey Jack cheese. Crazy delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment